Office phone: 503-665-4179
After hours emergencies: 503-665-4179 and follow the instructions to reach our on-call staff.
Budget Committee – Application Now Available
Looking to pay your bill?
Our Online Payment portal will allow you to register and view your account using your Rockwood Water account number. With this system you have access to:
- Online Bill Pay
- Billing History Information
- Setting up automatic payments using a checking account or a credit/debit card.
- Message Customer Service about Issue
- All Account Details
Already have an account? CLICK HERE TO MAKE A PAYMENT or
EXPLANATION OF WATER BILL CHARGES
Fixed Charge: All customers pay a base charge, which pays for a portion of general system maintenance, operation and service.
Consumption Charge: This is based on your meter reading and varies with the amount of usage. It covers such utility costs as purchased and produced water, system infrastructure, operations, maintenance and replacement.
LATE CHARGES ♦
- Late charges are assessed on balances exceeding $15.00.
- Late Notice: If payment is not received in our office on or before the date noted on the reverse side, a late charge will be added to your account. DO NOT MAIL PAYMENT AT THIS TIME. Visit or call the office or pay via the website.
- Door Hanger Charge: A charge will be assessed if a 24-hour notice is placed at the service location indicating payment has not yet been received in our office. This will be a final notice before termination for non-payment. DO NOT MAIL PAYMENT AT THIS TIME. Visit or call the office or pay via the website.
- Turn OFF/ON Charge: If service is terminated for non-payment, a charge will be assessed. Additionally, a deposit will be required before service is reinstated. Visit or call the office to resume service.
OTHER CHARGES ♦
Set-up Fee: A first-time customer set-up fee will be charged on your first billing. This is a one-time, non-refundable fee.
Found On Charge: A fee will be charged for unauthorized use.
♦ Applicable municipal utility tax will be assessed on ALL charges.
TYPICAL BILLING COLLECTION SCHEDULE
- Current Bill – 0 Days
- Due Date – 35 Days
- Late Notice (fee) – 36 Days
- Door Hanger Notice (fee) – 49 to 51 Days
- Service Subject to Shut Off (fee) – 51-56 Days
- New Billing – 60 Days
START OR STOP AN EXISTING WATER SERVICE
To start or stop an existing water service, call the District office at 503-665-4179 or apply in person during business hours. Click on Customer Service for more information.
The District offers qualifying low-income customers financial assistance with their water bills. Click here for more information.
WHO DO I CALL TO START SEWER SERVICE OR IF I HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT SEWER SERVICE?
Rockwood Water does not provide sewer services. To start sewer services, please contact your sewer provider:
- City of Fairview: 503-665-7929
- City of Gresham: 503-618-2373
- City of Portland: 503-823-7770
REGIONAL WATER PROVIDERS CONSORTIUM
By working collaboratively, the Consortium and its members achieve economies of scale implementing regional programs that save customers money. Read more…
PRIVATE WATER LINE INSURANCE
Some customers occasionally receive mailings for insurance. PLEASE NOTE:
- Customers are normally responsible for water line breaks and repairs on their side of the water meter.
- Companies offering insurance for private water line repairs are not affiliated with the Rockwood Water.
- Before purchasing, check to see if water lines are covered under your existing homeowners insurance policy.
UPDATE CRYPTOSPORIDIUM DETECTED BY PORTLAND WATER BUREAU IN THE BULL RUN WATERSHED*
Detections from routine monitoring in the Bull Run. Customers do not need to take any additional precautions at this time.
In the 50 liters sampled each day by Portland Water Bureau from Jan. 8 to Jan. 11, five Cryptosporidium oocysts were detected in the sample collected on Jan. 8, three oocysts in the sample collected on Jan. 9, and four oocysts in each of the samples collected on Jan. 10, and Jan. 11. Prior to these detections, Cryptosporidium was last detected from the Bull Run Watershed intake on Jan. 4, 2023.
Your best source for the latest information on Cryptosporidium detections is here: www.portlandoregon.gov/water/cryptoresults . Customers with further questions regarding water quality can call the Water Line at 503-823-7525.
*Water provided by Rockwood Water PUD (District) is usually from the Bull Run Watershed, purchased from the City of Portland. At times, usually in the summer, the District will augment that supply with groundwater from the District’s wells. The City of Portland also draws water from the Columbia Southshore Wellfield to augment the Bull Run supply during emergency situations or to meet high water demands during the summer months.