CASCADE GROUNDWATER DEVELOPMENT PACKAGE #1
The District has begun construction on Package 1 of our Groundwater Development Master Plan. Package 1 includes construction of a new 6 million gallon (mg) reservoir (Cascade #2), wellhouse and site improvements for our new well (Cascade #7), multiple waterlines from and around Cascade Well #7 to our District offices, and structural improvements to our existing 4 mg reservoir (Cascade #1). The purpose and benefit of this project package is to expand groundwater supplies to ensure continued affordability and resiliency for our customers. You can click on the map for a larger image.
MULTIPLE WATERLINE INSTALLATIONS
- Construction scheduled to begin September 2021 – completion approximately June 2022.
- Multiple waterlines installed between the District office at 196th and Halsey to 202nd and Glisan and Oregon Street to Cascade Well #7.
- Replacement of the distribution mains in 202nd between Halsey and Glisan is in the Capitol Improvement Plan for fiscal year 26/27; however we decided to install it along with the transmission mains to consolidate impacts to the area and reduce costs by combining projects.
- A portion of a new transmission main will move water from our Cascade site to a reservoir for distribution into our system and provide a redundant path for water to travel to our facility to be treated and stored.
- A new transmission main will bring water from Cascade Well 7 to our facility for treatment and storage, expanding our groundwater capacity.
CASCADE WELL #7 (CW7) WELLHOUSE AND SITE IMPROVEMENTS
- Construction scheduled to begin August 2021 – completion approximately April 2022.
- A pump will be installed in the well
- Wellhouse will be built.
- Improvements will be made to the site to reflect the positive livability values of the neighborhood.
CASCADE RESERVOIR #1 (CR1) IMPROVEMENTS
- Construction scheduled to begin spring of 2022 – completion approximately May 2023
- CR1 was built in 1975 and has a 4 mg water capacity.
- Structural and seismic improvements will be made
- CR2 must be completed and online before we can take CR1 offline to make improvements.
- Work hours will be 7:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. Monday – Friday except holidays.
- Traffic and parking impacts are expected in the immediate work areas, especially along the waterline construction routes and entrance to our District facilities at 19601 NE Halsey Street.
- With active construction in the roadway, your driveway may be temporarily blocked. If you need access to your driveway, please speak with the onsite Foreman. If he is not available, please contact the Contractor or Construction Manager at the information below.
- Cones and signage will be used to control traffic per the approved traffic control plan along the waterline construction routes.
- Temporary patching will occur when necessary along the waterline construction routes.
- Waterline projects will be done in two phases. Permanent asphalt will be placed when all phases of the project are complete.
Chad Maxwell, PE
Rockwood Water District Engineer
Jeremy Hudson, PE