SE MILL STREET FROM SE 182ND AVENUE TO THE END OF MILL STREET
- Start Date: Construction will begin during the week of March 11, 2019
- Duration: The entire project is expected to be completed May 23, 2019
- Schedule: Mondays-Fridays from 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. except holidays.
- This project is scheduled according to our Water Master Plan to continually improve our water infrastructure for the ongoing protection of our customers and meet growth and demand needs.
- The existing 4” cast iron waterline is aging and will be replaced with a new 8” waterline.
- The waterline will be a larger diameter ductile iron line, which will improve the fire flow capacities in your neighborhood.
- Two additional fire hydrants will be added to this neighborhood.
- New service lines to your meter will be installed.
- There will be scheduled shutdowns to make the final connections and any unforeseen repairs.
- We will need to disconnect your water to hook it up to the new waterline, which takes less than 30 minutes. We will knock on your door before we do this.
- Some traffic and parking impacts are expected in the immediate work area.
- We will leave our equipment in the area overnight. We will not block driveways and will take care to minimize our impact. We will need to utilize some street parking.
- We will use cones and signage to control traffic per the approved traffic control plan.
- We will temporarily pave the road every Friday. Full paving restoration will be performed when we complete the project.